Website Path: Home > Registration > Internationally Educated Applicants

Internationally Educated Applicants

Agrology is a regulated profession in Canada. Each province and territory has its own regulator and registration requirements. In Saskatchewan, the Saskatchewan Institute of Agrologists is the regulator.

To work as an agrologist in Saskatchewan, you must be registered with the Institute even if you have a university degree in Agrology or have worked as an Agrologist in another country.

Immigration vs Registration

Immigration to Canada and registration with the Institute are two separate processes. The Saskatchewan Institute of Agrologists cannot help you immigrate to Canada and an immigration officer cannot help you become registered with the Institute.

An immigration officer will assess your agrology education and experience as part of the immigration process, and may nominate you to immigrate to Canada if he or she is confident you can find work and contribute to the economy. But an immigration officer cannot guarantee that the Institute will register you to work as an agrologist in Saskatchewan.


Academic Credential Assessment

If you have a diploma or degree in agriculture or environmental science from outside of Canada and you wish to apply for registration, you will need to provide the following along with your online application:

Please note that the $200 application fee is non-refundable. The application fee is separate from the annual registration fee.

For more information on how to register, please click here

Time Frame & Guidelines

As an academic evaluation can take up to four (4) months, please start this process immediately. World Education Services (WES) and any other academic credential assessment services charge a fee for their service. These assessments are advisory and do not guarantee recognition of your qualifications for employment or regulatory purposes in Canada.

Assessment Process

There are parts of the process that can be done before you leave your homecountry, such as:

All required documents must be written in English or must be translated into English.

Other Resources

To learn more about the process for internationally trained agrologists preview the following:



#29, 1501 8th Street East
Saskatoon, SK S7H 5J6
306-242-2606 |