One recipient from each of the six SIA Branches:
- SIA Northeast Branch Scholarship
- SIA Northwest Branch Scholarship
- SIA Regina Branch Greg Mitschke Memorial Scholarship
- SIA Saskatoon Branch Scholarship
- SIA Southwest Branch Scholarship
- SIA Yorkton Branch Lin Boyes Memorial Scholarship
Branch Scholarships Available
Applications for 2021 Closed
- Presently a Grade 12 high school student or recent graduate.
- Have plans to enroll as a first-year full-time student in the fall in a Saskatchewan-based, post-secondary program related to agrology, which meets the eligibility requirements to apply for registration with the Institute after graduation. (preference is given to those registering at the University of Saskatchewan, College of Agriculture and Bioresources)
- Must not be an immediate family member of current Institute staff or Provincial Councillors or Branch Executive members.
How to Apply: Application Requirements
- Resume demonstrating work and volunteer activities.
- Title page including:
- Full name and contact information – mailing address, phone number, and email address
- High school information – name, location, phone number, principal’s name, and email address.
- Post-secondary information – the name of institution and program
- Written essay (maximum of 500 words) titled “Why I’ve Chosen to Pursue a Career in Agrology”, which includes a 250-word answer to each of the following questions:
- What challenges or opportunities will the agriculture, bioresources, food or the environment industries be facing in 5 years? 10 years? (approximately 250 words)
- What role do you wish to play in addressing the above challenges or opportunities? (approximately 250 words)
- Finalists for each branch will be chosen from the essay submissions.
- The finalists will be contacted and arrangements will be made to conduct a phone interview in May to discuss the content of the essay, views on agriculture, bioresources, food or the environment, and career plans.
- A recipient from each branch will be notified by June 15 and the scholarship will be paid when the recipient is officially accepted and tuition is paid to the College.
- The recipient of the scholarship will be advertised in local papers.
If successful, candidates must provide a high-resolution headshot and agree to have their name and photo included in promotional materials.
Submit your application by Mail or Email to:
Saskatchewan Institute of Agrologists
Re: Branch Scholarship
#29, 1501 8th Street East
firstname.lastname@example.org | (306) 242-2606