International Applicants
Agrology is a regulated profession in Canada. Each province and territory has its own regulator and registration requirements. In Saskatchewan, the Saskatchewan Institute of Agrologists is the regulator.

To work as an agrologist in Saskatchewan, you must be registered with the Institute even if you have a university degree in Agrology or have worked as an Agrologist in another country.

Immigration vs Registration

Immigration to Canada and registration with the Institute are two separate processes. The Saskatchewan Institute of Agrologists cannot help you immigrate to Canada and an immigration officer cannot help you become registered with the Institute.

An immigration officer will assess your agrology education and experience as part of the immigration process and may nominate you to immigrate to Canada if he or she is confident you can find work and contribute to the economy. But an immigration officer cannot guarantee that the Institute will register you to work as an agrologist in Saskatchewan.

Academic Credential Assessment

If you have a diploma or degree in agriculture or environmental science from outside of Canada and you wish to apply for registration, you will need to provide the following along with your online application:

  • Official transcripts (if scanned, front and back, colour-preferred) from all international post-secondary educational institutions. If your transcripts are not in English, you need to provide a translated copy.
  • Official transcripts (if scanned, front and back, colour-preferred) from all Canadian post-secondary educational institutions, if applicable.
  • Original copy of Course-by-Course WES (World Education Services) assessment OR Specialized IQAS (International Qualifications Assessment Service) assessment of international diploma(s) or degree(s).

Please note that the $200 application fee is non-refundable. The application fee is separate from the annual registration fee.

For more information on how to register, please click here.

Click to view the Impactful Resumes Tip Sheet

Assessment Process
There are parts of the process that can be done before you leave your home country, such as:

  • Prepare or obtain original transcriptions and a copy of your degree from your educational institution;
  • Begin course-by-course academic credential assessment and
  • Begin registration.

All required documents must be written in English or must be translated into English.

Time Frame & Guidelines

As an academic evaluation can take up to four (4) months, please start this process immediately. World Education Services (WES) and any other academic credential assessment services charge a fee for their service. These assessments are advisory and do not guarantee recognition of your qualifications for employment or regulatory purposes in Canada.

Other Resources